Marketing your daycare business is a full-time year-round task. Besides advertising your daycare business with flyers, business cards, open houses, and online ads, there is another smart option: Start a new client incentives program.
Offering incentives for enrolling as well as incentives when a client refers a family to your child care business is a great marketing tool that may help increase enrollment. Here are a few examples of incentives that may attract clients to your daycare business over and entice a client to enroll their child in your program instead of another daycare:
- Offer a 10% discount when enrolling a second child
- Offer 5% discount for 3 months on referrals
- Provide one free week of child care for clients who refer a family and a child enrolls
- Offer financial rewards if a client refers a family and a child enrolls
- Offer three days free to a new client while they evaluate your child care service
- Present Free parent’s night out once a month for enrolled children
- Offer $100.00 off for the first week
- Provide five free hours of child care on a day that the child is not usually enrolled
- Offer a lower promotional rate as an incentive for the first 2 months and then return to standard rates
- Offer free child care one weekend or a few evenings during the holiday season
- Provide gift bags for parents when they enroll their children which may include candles, stationary, etc.
- Provide welcome bags for new children which may include developmentally appropriate coloring books, crayons, and educational materials
The incentives you offer depend on your enrollment needs and your budget. For example, if the budget is tight, monetary rewards or discounts on tuition may not be the best option. Instead choose non-financial rewards such as those that involve your time, i.e., free parent’s night out or holiday or weekend care. Be sure to create flyers announcing and detailing your incentives program and hand them out to clients. Also, post the flyers areas you would normal post your daycare business flyers (community bulletin boards, hospitals, schools, etc.).
Although this is not usually the case, some clients or new enrollees may take advantage of the referral incentives. Make it clear that families referring full-time child care children will receive an incentive credit after the new family has completed three months. Be sure to create a referral incentive program form that details the rules of the program and must be submitted and signed.
No related posts.