We cannot deny the fact that as parents or guardians, we value our children so much. Thus, before enrolling them in a daycare or school, it is essential that we first have to assure ourselves that nothing whether physically and mentally can harm our children.
One of the most essential concern of parents and guardians is their children’s health and safety. Everyone will surely be upset and angry if their children meets any danger or accident while in a daycare or school program.
Still, an aggressive reaction such as complaints on the daycare or school program may only worsen the problem. It is recommendable that you rather do preventive measures to assure your child’s enjoyable experience in the daycare or school program.
The following are evidence-based procedures that you can use to assure your child’s safety and security:
• Make sure your assumptions are evidence-based and with proof before you pinpoint on someone. Coordinate with your children’s teachers or caregivers regarding the actions you can take to solve the problems. Assert your role in the education of your child. In doing the above, you do not only assure your involvement in your child’s education but also ascertains your responsibility and maturity in handling problems and coming up with solutions rather than just whining and winning an argument.
• Be calm when getting information from the teachers or caretakers. Consider giving praises about the positive things in the school or persons who is taking care of your child. Beginning conversations positively gives the impression not only of concern to your child’s well being but also an appreciation of their dedication and enthusiasm.
• After school, talk with your children about how his school was. To know more, ask their teachers, classmates or even other parents regarding your child’s performance in school. By doing so, you can look at different perspectives. If you are well informed, you can have stronger opinions when you raise your concerns with the teachers or caretakers.
• Be consistent even after you have already raised your concerns and complaints. Discuss with your child the issues to see if there are improvements. If there are none, make an action by approaching the next level of the hierarchy. You can, then, raise your concerns to the next person in line like the supervisor until an action has been made. Your involvement and being informed about your child’s education proves that you want excellence particularly in the quality of the results. This is better than making just one simple complaint on the issue and never making follow-ups again.
• Instead of focusing on the people involved, concentrate on what happened. This lessens arguments that are unnecessary. Also, advised the teacher to focus on the wrong actions rather than criticizing the quality of the persons concerned.
Thus, like what most people say, prevention is better than any cure. Your participation or involvement in school and your confidence on the way you deal with situations is very essential not only to voice your concerns but also for the school to know and be able to meet your expectations.
Easy Steps to Motivate Your Child to Sleep At Your Daycare
Motivating even eight or more students to fall asleep while in your family daycare can actually be done easily even if you are not that experienced. If you are now wondering how it is possible to have all these children take a nap at the same time, you just have to read through the following steps. Of course You have to consider the following factors to make it totally effective.
One of the first things to be considered is the sleeping environment in the daycare. There must be a facility that is quite dark, silent and conducive for sleeping. This place must be free from any distractions such as ringing phones or toys that may get their attention away from sleeping. Children also need to feel relaxed to fall asleep.
• Activities that will need a lot of energy such as exercises and other outdoor plays should be done in the morning. This is to be done to exhaust all their energy in the morning so that they will be interested to take a rest and sleep in the afternoon. Food rich in sugar content like candies should not be given as well because such items give them energy that can make them too excited and also, these items predispose them to toothaches and other dental caries.
• Keep in mind that children are unique and some can get to sleep easier than others. A good technique will be to separate these children who is having a hard time to fall asleep than those who can fall asleep easily. These children who cannot fall asleep fast needs more assistance. You can try to give them relaxing massage such as back rubs or they might need instructions to lie down and not to leave the sleeping area.
• Some children wakes up earlier than the others as well. Provide them with quiet activities so that they will not be able to distract children who are still sleeping. A special box consisting of all activities for such children can be done to give other children who are still sleeping an extra time for rest. The activities that can be used can include books, stickers, coloring materials and other mini games.
Making children sleep at the same time in a daycare can really be a very challenging task that may require a trial and error. To achieve the best strategies may take time and effort through experimentations. Providers in daycare can have their own strategies. The choice still depends on the provider and their children’s needs and characteristics.
No related posts.